Welcome to Disability Views where we'll be taking a serious look at many of the issues that face people with disabilities in today's world. That's not to say we will be ranting and raving about everything that wrong. In fact, we'll be taking a long hard look at the many things that are RIGHT with the world and the way things have changed for the better for those with physical handicaps including wheelchair users.
Improvements in Handicap Accessibility
Its true, there are gradually becoming fewer and fewer things to get angry about with more and more improvements being made to accessibility for wheelchair access into public buildings and places. Public awareness of the needs of people with disabilities has improved vastly over the last few decades. We are becoming seen not so much as second class citizens as being equals despite our limitations.
While there are still a few things to get hot under the collar about, I want to turn this website on its head and start looking at the good things in our lives and the things we can be grateful for. A better world and a better quality and standard of life is everybody's basic right and we can and do have it so much more so than our parents or grandparents had it.
It can get better, of course and by highlighting where it has already gotten better, we can then look to the areas that can also be improved in a similar way. Let's make this a journey of giving thanks for what we have and for what we will get as improvements continue to be made in all of our lives.
Website Layout Changes
This website started its life as a blog, but there were issues with the layout and the way it was presented, so the author decided to revert it to being a static website. Instead of blog posts, we will be publishing straight articles that you can peruse and read much easier by using the navigation bar down at the bottom of the page.
The main site pages are listed along the navigation bar near the top of the page. It's all done to make the visitor experience a better one as we found the blog was too awkward to find older posts. This is much better. We hope you like the layout!
- Best Wheelchair Accessories to Buy
- Best Walker Accessories to Buy
- Best Handicap Scooter Accessories to Buy
- Best Handicap Shower Accessories to Buy
- Raised Toilet Seats
- Accessible Shower Enhancements
- Accessible Walk In Bathtubs
- Handicap Parking Signs
- How Handicap Bathtubs Improve Bathing Safety
- Outdoor Stair Lifts for Better Access
- Disabled and Overweight
- Natural Arthritis Remedies Part 1
- Navigating a Handicap Scooter Through the Christmas Shoppers
- A Look at Handicap Wheelchair Lifts
- Lightweight Folding Wheelchairs Have Their Uses
- Small Wheeled Handicap Scooters Are a No No
- Whats Wrong with Sidewalk Handicap Ramps
- Thomas Here
- Swine Flu Risk Higher for Children With Disabilities, CDC Reports
- Judge Rules New York Violated Rights of Mentally Ill
- Handcycling Team Completes a Record 3,000-mile Race Across the U.S.
- Digital TV Software Provides Talking Menus for the Visually Impaired, Deaf and Elderly
- New Data on Paralysis Could Impact Future Treatment Strategies
- Understanding Clinical Trials: Why They Are Done and What is Learned
- Study Focuses on Improving Integration of Students in Public Schools
- President Obama Reaffirms His Commitment to the Principles of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Proposed Legislation Could Save Patients Thousands of Dollars in Out-of-pocket Medical Costs
- Potential New Treatment for Patients with Lou Gehrig's Disease
- Award to Honor TV Commercial Featuring Most Authentic Depictions of People With Disabilities
- Oral Drug Treatments for Multiple Sclerosis on the Horizon
- Asthma and PTSD Symptoms Persist 5-6 Years After Exposure to World Trade Center Attacks